Keeping your scanner clean is an important part of scanner maintenance. Dust and other obstructions on the scanner lens can cause streaks on scanned images and potentially impact the accuracy of the scanned images. The cleaning process will remove flecks of dust or small pieces of paper that have been caught in the scanner, which will in turn improve the quality of your scans.
Cleaning the Neat Desktop Scanner
Turn off the scanner and disconnect the power cord.
Do NOT use water.
Do NOT use abrasive cleaners.
Do NOT spray isopropyl alcohol or any other solvent into the scanner or anywhere on
1. Open the scanner by pushing the lever down on the front right side (as shown in Figure 1 below).
2. Clean the feed roller & paper pad as follows:
- Gently push the paper pad mechanism to the left and lift it gently until you feel resistance. (Figure 2b) and then squeeze both sides of the paper pad mechanism and gently pull it out. (Figure 2c)
- Clean the paper pad mechanism. Be careful not to bend the metal tab.
- Wipe the feed roller from side to side and then rotate it. Repeat until its entire surface is cleaned. (Figure 2d)
- Replace the paper pad mechanism. Be sure you hear the paper pad mechanism.
3. Clean the scanner lens (the glass surface inside of the scanner) as follows.
- Wipe the lens from side to side with isopropyl alcohol. Repeat until its entire surface is cleaned. Do NOT spray isopropyl alcohol or any other solvent into the scanner or anywhere on the scanner.
4. Close door to NeatDesk.