Sierra: Legacy versions of Neat for Mac (v4.5 or earlier) have not been tested in Sierra and are not supported on Sierra.
“Scanner Communications Error” or “Paper Not Detected” Error
Please reference our FAQ that provides simple steps to work around these errors
We truly appreciate your patience with this issue and continued use of Neat!
Compatible Neat Scanner’s
|Neat Scanner||Scanner Model Number||Supported|
|NeatDesk (Unsupported Model)|
|NeatDesk Unsupported Model||ADF-070108||No|
|NeatReceipts (Unsupported Model)|
|NeatReceipts Unsupported Model||NR-030108||No|
|Neat Silver Mobile|
|Neat Silver Mobile||SCSA4601EU||No|
If you are using an unsupported model scanner as listed in the chart above, there will not be updated drivers available for El Capitan.
To install the new driver, follow the steps below:
- Quit Neat and disconnect your scanner
- Download the updated driver here.
- Once downloaded open the Downloads folder on your mac and double click the file named NeatScannersICDriver151015.zip. You should then see a file called NeatScannersICDriver.app appear in the Downloads folder. Leave this Finder window open to the side for now.
- Click the File menu at the top of the screen and choose New Finder Window.
- Then click the Go menu at the top again and choose Go To Folder
- Type in or copy and paste this path: /Library/Image Capture/Devices
- Then click and drag the driver file named NeatScannersICDriver.app from the Downloads folder, into the Devices folder. If it asks you to replace the file, click replace. You may then be prompted to enter the password for your Mac.
- You can then open the Neat Software back up and connect your scanner and try scanning again.