While trying to sync the Neat application with Neat Cloud Service, I receive an error that it has quit unexpectedly.
1. First ensure that your are running the latest version of the Neat software. Often, issues can be resolved by updating to the most recent version of Neat.
To update to the latest version of Neat, please review the article in the following link:
2. Re-open the software and turn the sync off. If the software closes before you are able to make the change, follow these steps to turn sync off externally from the program. Once the program is reopened, the sync should be off and the program should not crash. Review any items in the trash folder. If they are items you no longer need, go to Neat -> Empty Trash to remove them. Do the same for the items in the trash in Neatcloud. Turn the sync on and restart the sync process.
3. The problem may be with the specific library that is trying to be synced. Follow the steps below to create and test a new library.
- Locate your Neat library file on your Mac. This can be done using Spotlight
- Once you locate your library, rename the library file to a different name. This will stop Neat from automatically opening that specific library.
- Re-open Neat. The software will prompt you to locate the original library or create a new one. Select the option to crate a new default library.
- If the new library launches successfully, turn sync on and sync your data from Neat Cloud Service into the new database. If there are any items from the original library that did not sync to Neat Cloud Service, that can be dragged from the original library into the new one. Make sure to keep the sync off in the Neat Library that crashes during sync.