Learn how to export items and folders to Portable Document Format (PDF) file format in Neat 5. Exporting to PDF files gives you a copy of the images contained in your files or folders. PDFs are convenient for sending Neat files and folders via email and your recipient can open the file in a number of free PDF readers. Follow the steps below.
Export to PDF
- Select the item(s) or folder in Neat that you wish to export to a PDF file. Then click the Export button at the top center in Neat 5.6 as shown below.
- Then click the list for Select Format to choose PDF.
- Choose the radio button for SELECTED ITEM(S) or SELECTED FOLDER depending on whether you wish to export specific items you already selected or if you wish to export the entire folder and all items including sub-folders contained within it.
Please note: the largest group of items you can export at one time is the contents of any one folder. Neat does not support exporting your entire library at once.
- If you have more than one item selected or you chose SELECTED FOLDER in the previous step then you have the option to have all the files in the folder combined into a single PDF with a page for each image or keep each item in the folder separated resulting in a PDF file for each item.
- Click the BROWSE button to open the window where you can select the location on your computer where you will save the PDF file. Then click Save.
- Click EXPORT to begin exporting to PDF.
- You will get a notification at the top of the screen as the items are processing.
- Your exported file will automatically be created in the location on your local computer that you chose in Step 5.