Learn how to scan items directly to your Mac computer as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. Follow the steps below.
Scan directly to PDF
- Locate and press the PDF button on your NeatDesk or NeatReceipts device. If you are using a NeatConnect, make sure that the scanner is connected to the computer you wish to scan to. There should be a PDF option on the touchscreen once you select computer as the scan destination.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Scan Options drop down menu in the top left corner of the software and select Direct to PDF File as the scan destination. Keep in mind, this will prompt all items to be scanned directly to a PDF file until the destination is changed back to Inbox or Current Folder.
- A window will appear, allowing you to name and select a location of the file you are scanning to the computer.
- Click Save and the PDF file will be created in the location you choose.
Changing PDF Options
- Adjust the image quality and color options of your PDF files easily in the Neat preference panel. Click on Neat in the menu bar in the top left and choose Preferences. From there you can choose the resolution for you PDF items
- From the PDF button action drop-down menu, you can also choose color and image optimization preferences.