Attention Mac users who wish to continue using the Neat Legacy software:
Neat does not recommend updating your MacOS if you are running Neat’s Legacy desktop software. Future MacOS updates can potentially render Neat Legacy for Mac inoperable. Neat will not provide any troubleshooting or fixes to rectify any issues caused by running Neat Legacy for Mac on OS X Sierra and beyond.
Neat’s Legacy desktop software was retired in 2016 and was not tested for MacOS compatibility beyond OS X El Capitan.
Make sure your Neat scanner is disconnected before installing Neat software.
If you already have an older version of Neat installed, these steps will also update you to the latest version.
- After the download is complete, open your Downloads folder and click on the Neat installer
- Click Install Neat
- A This package will run a program to determine dialog-box will appear. Click Continue.
- From the Neat For Mac Installer window, click Continue.
- On the Software License Agreement window, review the agreement, then click Continue.
- If you agree to the software license agreement, click Agree.
- Enter your Mac Administrator password if you have set one up. Otherwise, leave it blank. Then click Install Software.
- Click Continue.
- Please wait while files are being installed.
- Once the installation is complete, a message will appear letting you know that the installation was successful. Click Close. Then installation will be complete.