PLEASE NOTE: If you are installing Neat and see the message 'The signature of this program is corrupt or invalid' choose the ‘I understand the risk and want to run this app’ box to continue the installation. Click here for more info.
However, there will no longer be bug fixes or enhancements to the legacy versions of Neat software. For those customers who desire to still use these software versions, we provide the following links as is, with no support or warranty available.
Windows 5.7 Full: http://cdn.neatco.com/Neat_v18.104.22.1684_FULL.sfx.exe (final legacy version)
Windows 5.4: http://cdn.neatco.com/Neat_v22.214.171.1243_FULL.sfx.exe
(Note: v5.4 is the last Neat version for use on Windows XP or Vista)
Mac 4.5.0 : http://www.neat.com/wp-content/uploads/helpcenter/software/Neat-126.96.36.199.dmg
Make sure your Neat scanner is disconnected before installing Neat software.
- After clicking the download link, you'll be prompted to login to your Neat account, and the download will then start automatically.
If you are using Google Chrome after you login, click on the file name in the bottom left corner of the screen to run the Neat installer.
If you are using Internet Explorer, click the Run button at the bottom of at the bottom of the screen. Once the file has been downloaded, the Neat installer should start.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click Save File and once the file has been downloaded, click the downloads button or press CTRL + J to bring up the Downloads window from within your web browser and click on the Neat installer.
- On the Neat Installation Extractor Window, Click the Extract button to continue.
- To begin installing the software, click Next.
- If you have any security programs (i.e. firewalls, anti-virus programs, etc.) disable them at this time. Also disable any automatic backup software (i.e. Carbonite, SugarSync, etc.) and disconnect any external USB hard drives or flash drives.
- Accept the license agreement in order to continue with installation.
- The software installer will check for any previous components before installing the components to run Neat 5 for PC.Once the Neat software installer has installed of its components, a reboot of the machine is required in order to successfully complete installation. There is an available option to reboot now or reboot later.
- Upon launching Neat for the first time you will be prompted to enter the email address associated with your Neat account.
- Once the software has been successfully activated, you will be prompted to create your cabinet and to select the location for your cabinet.
Result After setting up the cabinet and choosing the location, the Neat software is ready to use.